About Warwick Arts Centre’s Connections Company
You can find out everything about this project, running with around 500 youth theatres across the country, on the National Theatre website
• Ten plays have been written for this project by professional playwrights, specifically for young people to perform.
• You will work as a group on staging one of these plays and it will be performed in March at your ‘home’ venue (Warwick Arts Centre’s Studio Theatre)
• A Connections Director will come and watch this performance and you will be given feedback on your production as a whole and any specific things they feel you’ll need to do to get it ready for the festival performance.
• You will then continue to rehearse it ready for performance in either our Theatre or Studio during the Warwick Arts Centre Connections Festival over 29-30 April 2017. A number of other youth theatre companies from around the Midlands will also take part that weekend, and as well as performing, you’ll all get the opportunity to see each other perform and take part in free workshops and talks.
• Out of the many companies that perform across the whole of the UK, one production of each of the plays will be selected to be performed at the National Theatre’s Connection Festival in July 2017 at the National Theatre in London.
2016/17 Key Dates
Mon 5 Sept – Mon 12 Dec
Mon 17 Oct – Frantic Assembly’s Things I Know to Be True
Mon 24 Oct – half term break
Mon 9 Jan – Sun 30 Apr
Mon 20 Feb – half term break
Mon 20 Mar – break
Mon – 10 & Mon 17 Apr – Easter break
We are looking forward to another very exciting year for the Warwick Arts Centre Connections Company so if you wish to join, please get in touch and if you have any questions about the Connections Company or the NT Connections Festival as a whole please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us on firstname.lastname@example.org