The WAC team had a sneak peak at the new temporary theatre – The Goose Nest – this afternoon. It’s a massive structure that emerges from the trees and will house some really exciting shows, side splitting comedy and the best student productions over the coming months, whilst our main building starts the renovation stage of our 20:20 Project.
What you need to know:
- The Goose Nest seats 280 and was named by students in a vote
- It is a fully working theatre with dressing rooms and backstage facilities for performers
- It will be up for the duration of the 2017/18 academic year
- The Goose Nest is unreserved seating so if you have booked tickets to see a show, make sure you are on time so you can take your pick of where to sit
- The theatre will have the feeling of an Edinburgh Festival venue
- Remeber it’s business as usual – with a full programme of events, and the Café, Bookshop, Cinema, Mead Gallery remain open whilst all these changes are happening
- Entry is best via the Bookshop entrance to the Arts Centre – see you inside!
The WAC tech team are working round the clock to get the venue finalised for the first show this Saturday – Bite Size Festival – they are doing a grand job and we can’t thank them and the Front of House and ops teams enough.
We’ll, hopefully, get a video tour of the venue early this week so you can take a look for yourselves, but in the meantime here’s a few photos…
Seating in The Goose Nest
A row of seats in The Goose Nest
A lighting rig in The Goose Nest
Seats and Lights in The Goose Nest