Are you between 8 and 16 (school years 4 – 11)?
Do you want to improve your drama skills?
Would you like to perform at Warwick Arts Centre?
Yes! Then the Warwick Arts Centre Youth Theatre could be the place for you…
Who can join?
This year the Youth Theatre will be made up of two groups:
- Juniors – School Years 4 – 7 (a mix of 8 – 12 year olds)
- Seniors – School Years 8 – 11 (a mix of 12 – 16 year olds)
Both groups will meet from 11.00 – 13.15 every Saturday morning of University of Warwick term time. Each term runs for 10 weeks with 2018/19 dates as follows:
Autumn Term Sat 6 Oct 2018 – Sat 8 Dec 2018
Spring Term Sat 12 Jan 2019 – Sat 16 Mar 2019
Summer Term Sat 27 Apr 2019 – Sat 29 Jun 2019
The sessions cover a wide range of skills including text, improvisation, mime, Shakespeare, mask and music and of course lots of games. It also gives you the opportunity to increase confidence, make new friends and improve team work.
We aim to organise one trip in the Autumn and Spring terms to see a professional show at Warwick Arts Centre and create original performances at the end of each term. In the Summer term, it’s all hands on deck to produce a Showcase for friends and family in one of Warwick Arts Centre’s professional venues.
What does it cost?
Youth Theatre costs £55 per term for Saturday groups, and is paid via the box office before the start of each term (£165 for the full academic year).
To join, please contact the Creative Learning Department on 024 7657 4786 / 7615 1793 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Connections Company (Senior Group)
The Connections Company accepts members in Schools Years 10+ (14 – 19 year olds) and we are happy for members of the Saturday Seniors group to join both once they are the right age, if they can commit to attending both sets of rehearsals.
The Connections Company meet on a Monday evening between 7pm and 9pm and occasional Saturdays/Sundays between 11am and 6pm.
- Autumn Term Mon 3 Sep 2018 – Mon 3 Dec 2018
- Spring Term Mon 7 Jan 2019 – Late Apr/Early May 2019
NT Connections Project Overview
- Ten plays have been written for this project by professional playwrights, specifically for young people to perform.
- You will work as a group on staging one of these plays and it will be performed in March at your ‘home’ venue (Warwick Arts Centre).
- A Connections Director will come and watch this performance and you will be given feedback on your production as a whole and any specific things they feel you’ll need to do to get it ready for the festival performance.
- You will then continue to rehearse it ready for performance during the Warwick Arts Centre Connections Festival in April/May 2019. A number of other youth theatre companies from around the Midlands will also take part that weekend, and as well as performing, you’ll all get the opportunity to see each other perform and take part in free workshops and talks.
- Out of the many companies that perform across the whole of the UK, one production of each of the plays will be selected to be performed at the National Theatre’s Connection Festival in July 2018 at the National Theatre in London.
What’s the cost?
The cost for The Connections Company is £75.00 per term, one due in the Autumn term and the other in the Spring term ( £150 for the full year).
To find out more or to join, please contact the Creative Learning Department on 024 7657 4786 / 7615 1793 or by emailing email@example.com.