Whether it is to gain new skills, enjoy amazing cultural experiences or make new friends, Warwick Arts Centre warmly welcomes you to our stewarding community.
Read on to find out more about our Event Stewards role or click Apply Now to apply.
Why Become an Event Steward
“You are able to meet such a wide mix of people who you wouldn’t otherwise get to know”
From stewarding shows and selling programmes, merchandise and ice creams our Event Stewards deliver the highest standards of customer service. Assisting in the setup and delivery of events across the differing spaces within Warwick Arts Centre. Event Stewards ensure an accessible, safe environment for our customers. This role supports our Volunteer Performance Stewards in delivering the very best in visitor experience.
What is the rate of pay
The role of Event Steward falls under Grade FA 1A of the University’s pay scale at £8.98 per hour. The role requires employees to submit timesheets on a weekly basis with Unitemps.
- A variety of different roles including; stewarding performances and cash handling, seat moves, cloakroom, meet and greet and parking duties.
- Welcoming and engaging with the visitors to Warwick Arts Centre, representing the Front of House team in a positive way at all times.
- Ensuring that all auditoria are tidy after performances.
- Supporting all Volunteer Performance Stewards in checking tickets, answering visitor queries and visitor safety as required.
- Promoting and complying with Warwick Arts Centre policies on equal opportunities, dress code and health and safety, both in the delivery of service and in the treatment of others.
- Selling ice creams and merchandise during intervals and at the start and end of the performance.
This role will suit you if you…
- Are full of enthusiasm and inspired to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Have a love for the arts.
- Are a positive team player with the ability to assist in an emergency situation.
- Can communicate effectively .
- Can commit to volunteering for at least two shifts per month as a minimum. Show rotas are published bi-weekly and operate on a first come first served basis.
- Have experience handling money.