Whether it is to gain new skills, enjoy amazing cultural experiences or make new friends, Warwick Arts Centre warmly welcomes you to our stewarding community.
The Front of House team hold regular interviews throughout the year. Head Stewards are selected from experienced stewards who have a working knowledge of the Arts Centre.
Why Become a Head Steward
“…the camaraderie of working together!”
An integral member of the Front of House team our Head Stewards co-ordinate teams of Volunteer Performance and Event Stewards (between 5 and 24 stewards) across our venues and assists the Duty Manager in the smooth running of events front of house.
What is the rate of pay
The role of Head Steward falls under Grade FA 1B, Spinal Point 5 of the University’s pay scale at £9.14 per hour. The role requires employees to submit timesheets on a weekly basis with Unitemps.
- Co-ordinating large teams of our stewards across our larger venues, briefing and managing them accordingly.
- Responsible for cash handling and cashing up procedures for ice cream and merchandise sales.
- Being ready to lead the evacuation of a venue (Hall or Theatre) under the direction of the Duty Manager.
- Proactively managing customer comments to ensure that we are all delivering exceptional customer experience.
- Engaging with our customers and team alike to ensure we are building positive and long lasting relationships.
This role will suit you if you…
- Have previous experience of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Can communicate effectively and have strong numeracy skills.
- Can work using their own initiative and prioritise well under pressure
- Have experience of leading a team in a busy environment.
- Have experience of cash handling and a good attention to detail.
- Can commit to 2 shifts per rota as a minimum, the show rota’s are published bi-weekly and operate on a first come first served basis.