Whether it is to gain new skills, enjoy amazing cultural experiences or make new friends, Warwick Arts Centre warmly welcomes you to our stewarding community.
Read on to find out more about our Event Stewards role or click Apply Now to apply.
Why Become a Welcome Guide
“There is a general warmth from all staff members and a feeling of being accepted and welcome each day at work”
Our Welcome Guides extend a warm and generous greeting to all visitors to Warwick Arts Centre. As a source of knowledge and expertise, our Welcome Guides are a distinct presence in our foyer and performance spaces, offering the highest level of customer service. They embody our SPARKLE customer service philosophy and help build key relationships with our visitors and engage in meaningful dialogue with our visitors and seek to enhance their experience.
What is the rate of pay?
The role of Welcome Guide falls under Grade FA 1A of the University’s pay scale at £8.98 per hour. The role requires employees to submit timesheets on a weekly basis with Unitemps.
- Being a central focus for all visitors into Warwick Arts Centre. Guides will be the first people our visitors see, they remain visible and customer facing at all times, proactively engaging with visitors.
- Welcoming visitors to Warwick Arts Centre, representing the Front of House team in a positive way at all times.
- Engage with our customers and build positive relationships, ensuring they will return to the Arts Centre.
- Gaining a working knowledge of the University of Warwick campus and Arts Centre in order to provide accurate wayfinding support.
- Promotion and compliance with Warwick Arts Centre’s policies on equal opportunities, dress code and health and safety, both in the delivery of service and in the treatment of others.
This role will suit you if you…
- Are full of enthusiasm and inspired to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Can prioritise and work well under pressure.
- Work well on your own and can self-motivate as well as being a consistent team player.
- Can communicate effectively and are proactive in starting conversations.
- Can use your own initiative effectively.
- Can commit to 2 shifts per rota as a minimum, the show rotas are published bi-weekly and operate on a first come first served basis.