About Warwick Arts Centre’s Connections Company
Connections is the National Theatre’s nationwide youth theatre festival. Each year it offers a unique opportunity for youth theatres and school theatre groups to stage new plays written for young people by some of theatre’s most exciting playwrights, and to perform in leading theatres across the UK. You can find out more about this project on the National Theatre website.
• Ten plays have been written for this project by professional playwrights, specifically for young people to perform.
• You will work as a group on staging one of these plays and it will be performed in March at your ‘home’ venue (Warwick Arts Centre).
• A Connections Director will come and watch this performance and you will be given feedback on your production as a whole and any specific things they feel you’ll need to do to get it ready for the festival performance.
• You will then continue to rehearse it ready for performance during the Warwick Arts Centre Connections Festival over 28-29 April 2018. A number of other youth theatre companies from around the Midlands will also take part that weekend, and as well as performing, you’ll all get the opportunity to see each other perform and take part in free workshops and talks.
• Out of the many companies that perform across the whole of the UK, one production of each of the plays will be selected to be performed at the National Theatre’s Connection Festival in July 2018 at the National Theatre in London.
2017/18 Key Dates
The Senior Group attend on a Monday evening between 7.00pm and 9.00pm and occasional Saturdays/Sundays between 2pm and 6pm.
Autumn Term Monday 4 September 7 – Monday 4 December 2017
Spring Term Monday 8 January 2018 – Sunday 29 April 2018
Home Performance 17 March 2018
Connections Festival 28/29 April 2018
The cost for The Connections Company is £75.00 per term, one due in the Autumn term and the other in the Spring term ( £150 for the full year) to be paid via Box Office.
We are looking forward to another very exciting year for the Warwick Arts Centre Connections Company so if you wish to join, please get in touch and if you have any questions about the Connections Company or the NT Connections Festival as a whole please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us on email@example.com