Casual Box Office Assistants
Job Title: Casual Box Office Assistant
Department: Box Office, Warwick Arts Centre
Responsible to Assistant Sales and Box Office Managers
To provide Box Office services for Warwick Arts Centre, processing ticket sales and reservations through the specialist computerised ticketing system and act as a reception point for the organisation, dealing with customer and conference enquiries, to deliver a high level of service to all Warwick Arts Centre visitors.
- To administer bookings and reservations (both over the phone and counter) and to deal with enquiries in accordance with the systems laid down; and as part of a team to assist in the smooth running of the Box Office to the highest standard
- To deal politely and efficiently with members of the public at all times, and maintain high standards of customer service
- To act as a reception point for the organisation and deal with customer, conference and University enquiries
- To administer online bookings and make tickets ready for postage
- To keep up to date with all show and performance information, marketing offers and sales’ details to inform customers effectively of all Warwick Arts Centre events
- To act in accordance with the following, as they affect Box Office operations: Theatres Act, Data Protection Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, Disability Discrimination Act and University policy, and to maintain the security of the ticketing system with regard to the confidentiality of the personal data and financial information to which staff have access.
- To report immediately to the supervising officer any significant matters connected with the work.
- To be responsible for a float and cash bookings, and to cash up at the end of every shift. To complete a personal financial report at the end of each shift.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
- Experience working in customer focused organisation and proven commitment to customer service
- Flair for dealing with the public and strong interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, including ability to adapt to new software and phone technology
- Excellent communication skills including good phone manner
- Cash handling experience / GCSE Maths
- Strong team-working skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interest in the Arts and willingness to attend performances
- Previous box office experience, or experience of box office ticketing systems, an advantage
You will be required to work shifts from one to seven hours long, as and when required.
These will vary according to the pressure of work, but will include mornings, evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and other hours as required.
The Box Office is most busy during its 3 seasons, which reflect the 3 University terms. Although the hours are likely to be less outside term-time, where possible we would like you to work all year round.
The rota is co-ordinated monthly and covers Monday to Saturday, 10am to 9pm, and Sunday 2pm to 8pm. Students’ academic commitments will be taken into consideration when doing this.
£7.21 per hour (plus holiday pay)
We are currently not recruiting for this position