During this fun and relaxed course Kate Green with teach you the basic controls and techniques common to your digital SLR camera. You will develop the confidence to stop shooting in auto and get the best out of your DSLR whilst developing compositional and creative awareness.
- Camera basics – How a digital SLR works. The 3 basics Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO.
- Understanding the settings and modes on your camera.
- Practical – slow exposures and painting with light. Developing an understanding of how adjusting the settings on you camera has a creative impact upon how your pictures look.
- Creative discussion about choosing a future body of work to shoot and motivating yourself to get out and about with your camera. Thinking creatively and learning from the masters.
- Taking control of focus – both Auto and Manual. Choosing focus points, focus locking and recomposing using centre weighted focus and manual focusing.
- Practical – experimenting with Depth of Field, Focus points and correctly exposing a picture.
- Do you see the light? Metering modes and Exposure Compensation. Composition and lighting – seeing the picture, White Balance, Rule of Thirds and Portrait Lighting Techniques.
- Practical portrait shoot using available light.
- Downloading images to your computer or tablet and basic image editing.
- Viewing and understanding meta data (the information contained in a digital image).
Kate Green is a Midlands based photographer and film maker working in the Commercial, Social and Education sectors. After a successful career in marketing and project management Kate started her own photography business in 2006 expanding into film making in 2010.
Her true passion is participatory photography and film making helping other people to shoot, share and learn and to realise their own creativity. Kate Green Photography
Dates & Times
|Sun 15 Jan||10:00am|