A free, guided Art and Nature Trail around the University of Warwick Campus.
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is a group of three corten steel dinosaurs, each measuring more than eight metres in length and towering up to seven metres high. They resemble two huge children’s model-making kits and appear clumsy and lovable.
From October 2019, two of the three dinosaurs (The Good and The Bad) are on loan to the University of Warwick and form the focus of a new art and history trail leading across the campus. In addition to The Good and The Bad, the trail incorporates a number of new and existing sculptures from the University of Warwick Art Collection and provides some fascinating and at times gruesome facts, about the history of the site.
If you prefer to find your own way around the trail simply pick up a free map from our Box Office or download from this page.
The trail is open whatever the weather, and some of the paths can get muddy, so remember your wellies and coats! It can take between 2-4 hours to walk the entire trail, depending on your walking speed and how often you stop! You don’t have to complete all of the trail in one go, you could choose the sculptures you want to see and create your own shorter route. You could also bring your bicycle and cycle around campus!
Toilets and café facilities will be pointed out around the trail.
How accessible is the trail?
Some of the sculptures on the trail are located in areas which may not be accessible by wheelchairs.
Walking through Time: The Highway Robber Trail
- After the site of Tocil House Farm at (4), and coming through Claycroft residencies, there is a low step onto the pavement that brings you to Big Takeaway at (5). This step can be managed in a wheelchair if pushed. To avoid the step entirely, after the sign for ‘Cycle Route, Walk 52’, take the first right onto a running route. This path will bring you to Don’t Let Go at (6), from which Big Takeaway can be reached.
- There are steps down to Tocil Wood in which Our shadows alone touched you trying to find where here is (9) is situated, and the ground is uneven. It is recommended that wheelchair users go directly from Canley Brook at (7) to 3B Series 1 at (12).
Walking through Time: The Dinosaur Trail
- To reach Black Cube at (3), instead of walking through the gate on Leighfield Road onto an uneven track, continue on the pavement to Cryfield Sports Pavilion. From here, Black Cube can be seen.
- After Cryfield Old Farmhouse at (9), to avoid travelling over grass, do not turn right onto Windmill Hill. Instead, continue along Leighfield Road until you reach the Sports and Wellness Hub. Here, turn right onto a footpath that leads back towards central campus. From this path, you can see The Good and The Bad (10). At the end of this path, turn right to Song Version V at (12).
- Accessible toilet facilities can be found at the Sports and Wellness Hub. There is also a ground floor café there.